Weight loss is possibly one of the hardest things people set out to achieve and maintain. While exercise is critical in a long-term weight loss plan, food plays an incredibly important role. Superfoods are foods that are not only nutritious but also low in calories and as such help to achieve your weight loss plan.
Superfoods also are a great fitness companion as they not only supply your body with necessary vitamins and minerals but can also help to burn body fat quicker because of compounds found within them.
Here are 10 Super foods that must be included in your weight loss plan.
1. Apples – As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away but there are other advantages which can also help to lose weight. Apples are very rich in dietary fiber and contain many antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Besides being delicious, they are a great snack they are very versatile.
2. Blueberries – There are many different berry’s you can chose from but blueberry’s happen to be one of my favorites. Blueberries contain powerful antioxidants that assist with weight loss. They are rich in soluble fiber, which helps to promote the satisfied feeling and reduces the craving to snack more often.
3. Green Tea – The Chinese have used Green Tea in their diets for centuries. Green Tea has Catechins that help to increase your body’s metabolism. As a result it helps to burn more body fat. It also reduces the body’s ability to absorb fat. As a diuretic, it helps to lose water weight in your body also.
4. Lentils – Rich in protein and fiber, Lentils help to increase the metabolic process thus helping to burn fat faster and lose weight. There are many ways to include lentils into your diets but soups are a good one or even by looking up some Indian recipes such as Dal (a personal favorite).
5. Almonds – Another fantastic weight loss snack almonds are rich in proteins and fiber that greatly help in weightloss. They contain many essential vitamins and minerals importantly Vitamin C and Zinc, which help to suppress cravings of sweet foods, commonly known as junk food.
6. Olive Oil – One of the more popular healthy cooking oils on the market. It contains Oleic Acid that breaks down excess fat.As such, it is a stable oil in most health conscious house holds these days.
7. Oatmeal – A great quick breakfast that gets your metabolism kick started for the day. Great energy boost and keeps you satisfied for longer compared to other breakfast cereals.
8. Grapefruit – When you think if a weightloss fruit, a grapefruit is the first that comes to mind with its rich pink citrus juicy slices. These slices are full of water helping to fill you up and take away the hunger. Many suggest that eating a slice prior to a meal can help you lose weight.
9. Egg Whites – A popular breakfast superfood for many especially body builders, high in proteins and low in calories. Like some other super foods, it has the ability to keep you satisfied longer without the need to snack.
10. Flaxseeds – Probably one of the best weight loss snacks. Rich in fiber, they help to keep you full and suppress appetite. Low in calories they are very nutritious and have Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help with reducing obesity.